About the Chef
Chef Gregory Keith Cordice is the culinary force behind Perry & Blackwelder’s (P&B’s) at Souk Madinat Jumeirah. His position as Chef De Cuisine sees the Vincentian chef leading P&B’s restaurant kitchen team to provide diners with the best smoked meats and best American classics, maintaining the restaurant’s positioning as Dubai’s original and favourite smokehouse with a modern comfort food appeal.
His most recent position as Chef de Cuisine at the Al Habtoor City Complex saw the accomplished chef leading kitchen teams across the properties and working within the pre-opening team of The Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City and The St. Regis Dubai, Al Habtoor Polo Resort and Club.
- 5kg beef brisket (preferably American grass-fed beef)
- 5g cracked black pepper
- 25g rock salt
- 6 logs of mesquite wood
P&B’s signature smoked brisket is made from pure American Grade A beef that’s grass-fed from a young age and then later corn-fed to improve the marbling of the meat. The fat content is just sufficient to ensure that the meat remains moist and flavorful after a 22-hour slow-smoking period over mesquite wood. A basic rub of pure rock salt and cracked black pepper is added before the smoking is done. P&B’s brisket is a top favorite and the restaurant is frequently asked to call regular guests just before the brisket is being removed from the smoker, so they don’t miss out!
- Lightly trim any excess fat from the brisket but leave a cap of fat to ensure that your meat remains moist during cooking
- Rub in the salt and pepper to evenly season the meat
- Light the mesquite wood in the smoker and burn it for a good few minutes to get the smoke going
- Place the brisket on the smoker racks and then load in the burning wood
- Closer and set the smoker temp to 80 degrees Celsius, smoking the meat for 22 hours
Visit Perry & Blackwelder’s for more
View this post on Instagram
The place to be for freakishly good barbecues and awesome good time! Plus live music with @theboxtones every Wednesdays and @theroyalvagabonds every Thursdays and Fridays! #PerryAndBlackwelder #JRGdubai #LiveFootball #MadinatJumeirah #Dubai #Lifestyle #DubaiBBQ #DubaiI nsider