Welcome to my world! My name is Naomi D’Souza. In a nutshell, I am based in UAE and am a digital content creator. By background, I’m an MSc Mechanical Engineer specializing in Energy. By career, I’m a Digital Strategist at IBM and by passion, I run this blog!
Below are some of my achievements I am really proud of
- 2017 & 2018 Hot100 Most Influential Influencers in UAE by Ahlan Magazine
- 2018 Hot 100 Most Influential Asians in UAE by Masala Magazine
- 2018 Top 50 Asian Gamechangers in UAE by Masala Magazine
- I am the Brand Ambassador for ClassPass MEA and former Brand Ambassador for Fairmont the Palm
- Tastemaker at my favorite SugarMoo Desserts
- I have a fan following of 85,000+ on Instagram
- My website is viewed globally across 10,000+ cities (Top 10 in order: UAE, USA, India, UK, Canada, Australia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and Germany)
- In 2017, I was balancing my Masters in Mechanical Engineering Master’s degree in Energy while working at IBM, managing this blog, handling campaigns, and curating my Instagram. I graduated in 2018
- I’ve done 3 TEDx Talks in 2018 and 2019 combined
- I’ve appeared and written for multiple publications, participated in podcasts, and spoken at several platforms. Click here for more
View this post on Instagram
all good things come in 3's // 3 @ted @tedx_official talks in 1 year ♥️ // i could never tell myself 'I am Proud of You' until today. thank you thank you thank you – to whoevers been with me in this rocky journey, to all my #bestfriends who've come to watch me, to my best friends who've #supported me virtually, to my #socialmedia family, and, to all the people who i've had to prove wrong. i am who i am because of all of you! ♥️ 2017 to 2019 has been the most eye-opening years of my life. ive met the #best and worst, and been through the happy and sad too. ive never #worked this hard. ever. its also strange that i consistenly keep working towards a goal im not sure even exists. i balance 2 lives which gives me #anxiety & so much more. the politics, knowledge, learning, and lessons are endless. today, im #proud though. idk what more to say, for now i'll leave it to this ☺️ xoxo
I’ve split my detailed journey into 2 parts due to popular demand, feel free to navigate 😉
- How I got into the STEM field (& transitioned from Engineering to Technology)
- How I manage my time – my full-time job, passion, and personal life
15 fun facts about me
- 🎂 My Birthday is on 26 October 1993
- 💗 I love the color PINK!
- 🏐 Back in school, I represented my school Volley Ball team as team captain
- 🍌 I cannot stand bananas. I haven’t touched one since 20 years
- 🥋 I have a Black Belt in Karate/Martial Arts
- 🎹 Successfully completed Grade 4 Keyboard ‘Trinity Examination’ at Trinity College, London. I even used to play the Piano
- 🎤 I love singing. I have won several competitions in school! That being said, I’ve always wanted to launch a cover song since I was a kid (maybe 2006?) I have been procrastinating the past 2 years. Maybe I shall soon
- 👠 I surprisingly modeled ((once)) that showcased the collection of Heriot-Watt Fashion Students!
- 👩🏼🍳 I don’t cook, however, I LOVE TO EAT. I have a very strong palette and just don’t forget my food.
- 🌍 I love traveling but work has taken over my life. I wish to travel some more some day. So far, I have traveled to USA, UK, France, Maldives, Italy, Jordan, Egypt, Kuwait, Kenya, Oman, Thailand, and India.
🇮🇳 I am from Mangalore, India but moved to Dubai, UAE when I was 2. It’s been 24 years since I’ve been here and I now call it home
🍛 Apart from chocolate, I love rajma (kidney beans) and avocados, a LOT! If I had to choose between rajma and chocolate, I may just choose rajma
🐶 I have a baby named Rizo and he is the Love of my Life (@RizoTheYorkie) ❤
⭐️ I hit a personal record on 28th April 2016 where my website was accessed by 26 countries and 94 cities!
- 👫 My favorite love story is the story of my parents. They dated for 8 years before they got married! They’ve now been together for 35+ years. You know what’s cooler? My moms best friends married her brother, and my mom married her brothers best friend. Cray right? Hahahaha!
- 👥 I am where I am today because of ALL OF YOU! I love giving back the love I get thus have created an #EatWithN series, where every few months I launch a post/competition and you can stand a chance to dine with me! Read all about it here and if you want to get a feel of my tours or read about it, click here.
That’s all about me! Feel free to use the ‘Contact Section’ for any other questions, queries or collaboration requests 🙂
PS: I would like to add that individual taste/palettes are different and I respect that. My opinion is always my personal experience, what appears tasty to me may not to you, and vice versa. I do wish what I share is of help to all of you.