About the Chef
Chef Bayoumi has over two decades of rich culinary experience with a special flair for Arabic cuisine.
For 10 servings
- Olive oil-extra virgin in pet bottle taverna 5ltr Greece – 100ml
- Pepper black crushed 1kg UAE – 0.5g
- Garlic peeled China – 10g
- Onion red peeled fresh UAE – 500g
- Star anise whole seed 1kg India – 10g
- Celery diced fresh UAE – 200g – Add butternut squash, also dice
- Leek fresh holland – 200g
- Carrot cubes fresh UAE – 200g
- Paste tomato la Corvinia A10 2.2kg Italy – 100g
- Freeke green 1kg Lebanon – 700g
- Onion white peeled American fresh UAE – 200g
- Production – basic stock – chicken – 1 litre
- Sugar fine granulated white 1*2kg Germany – 200g
- Tomato C 1kg Hollan – 200g
- Figs dried 1kg Turkey – 500g – Add even dokkah to it
- Lamb shoulder bone in chilled wammco Australia – 3kg
For lamb shoulder:
- In a hot pan, sear lamb with some olive oil.
- Place the lamb in a deep container.
- Saute onion, garlic, tomato, thyme, celery, leek and carrot in a pan.
- Add tomato paste.
- Add it to the lamb container and add lamb juice and water.
- Add star anise and coriander seeds.
- Cover it well and continue to cook in the oven at 170 degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove the lamb and strain the juice.
- Cool the lamb in a blast chiller for 90 minutes.
- Put the juice on low heat under it reduces, and thickens nicely.
- Cool it down in a blast chiller.
- Cut the lamb into 200g pieces.
- In a vacuum bag, add the lamb with 150ml juice and close it properly.
- Keep chilled.
- In a pan, add olive oil and saute the onion and garlic till it becomes golden in color.
- Add freekeh and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste.
- Cover the pan for 10 minutes. It should be cooked around 70%.
- In a saute pan add sugar on high heat, till it melts.
- Add butternuts and caramelize it.
- Glaze figs with some lamb juice.
- In a saute pan, glaze the lamb with juice till it gets coated evenly.
- In another pan, add freekeh with some chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place freekeh in service plates and place the lamb with garnish.
Visit Tean for more