About the Chef
Moritz Neumann started his career with the Marriott International when he joined Munich Marriott Hotel as an apprentice in 2002. After spending more than 16 years at different Marriott properties around the world, Moritz joined La Ville Hotel & Suites, CITY WALK Dubai as the Executive Chef in 2018. He is mandated with the all-around management and operations of the property’s outstanding dining venues including GRAZE, a gastro-grill serving a social culinary experience focused on prime beef cuts, Grapeskin, a standalone grape bar and kitchen, Chival, a social eatery and LookUp Rooftop Bar, overlooking the infinity pool. His style of food is cooking using high-quality produce with limited manipulation to bring out the flavours and texture of the produce. Focused on the simple execution of dishes, he believes in fundamental cooking techniques, quality products, training and innovative planning. Moritz has successfully received many exemplary awards and reviews throughout his career, acquiring him the Culinary ACE Award “Rising Star” for the Middle East and Africa in 2012 & 2014. Over the past decade, Moritz has worked in leading hotels and restaurants in Germany, United Kingdom, United States of America, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. Most recently, he worked as the Executive Sous Chef overlooking the opening of the Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai and its f&b concept outlets.
For 10 portions
- 50 grams butter, melted
- 100 grams graham cracker crumbs
- 1000 grams homemade caramel ice cream /recipe page 44
- 50 grams chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 5 grams cream of tartar
- Combine butter and graham cracker crumbs and press flat into decided silicon mold. Set aside.
- Add caramel-chocolate chip Ice cream into the mold and ensure no gaps of air between base and cream.
- Freeze solid for at least 2 hours at -18C
- Prepare marshmallow cream, place egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add 1cm of water to the bottom of a small pot (make sure that the bowl will rest on top and not touch the water) and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and place bowl over top, whisking constantly until egg whites are warmed and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and beat with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form 6-8 minutes
- Remove ice cream with base from the silicon molds, pipe or spread marshmallow over the top and toast with a kitchen torch.
- Garnish with chocolate.
- Serve immediately
Visit GRAZE – Gastro Grill & Bar for more