About the Chef
Ali Fouad is a highly skilled chef with over 10 years of experience in the culinary industry. Chef Ali joined Al Nafoorah, JRG’s multi-award-winning Lebanese restaurant in 2006 as Commis Chef and his rapid rise to success saw him promoted to Demi Chef de Partie the same year. In 2010, Chef Ali’s passion and skill were recognized and he was awarded ‘The Sharpest Knife Award’ by the organization, highlighting his discipline and culinary talent. Soon after he was promoted to Junior Sous Chef before taking up the position of Head Chef at Al Nafoorah. He also heads the team at Khaymat Al Bahar.
Chef Ali is committed to ensuring that Al Nafoorah remains authentic, as though guests were dining at a local Lebanese restaurant. He visits his home country of Lebanon at least once a quarter for inspiration in order to constantly better his menu and range of ingredients. Chef Ali is an inspirational and approachable team leader and has a hands-on approach with both his kitchen and customers, paying regular visits to guest tables to ensure the highest customer satisfaction possible.
Quantity: One skewer
Serves: 1 person – 1 skewer
Prep time: Each skewer takes 2-3 mins
Cooking time: 5 to 6 mins
- 100g Minced Lamb shoulder
- 15g Red onion fine chopped
- 15g Parsley Chopped
- 8g Sweet pepper powder
- 10g salt
- 1 Arabic Pita bread
- Chop 15g of parsley and 15g of onions into tiny pieces.
- Add the minced lamb into a separate bowl.
- Mix the chopped parsley and onions with the meat.
- Add 10g of salt to the mixture.
- Add 8g of sweet pepper powder to the mixture.
- After mixing the meat with all the ingredients, add the meat to the skewer in a flat shape.
- Grill it on the charcoal for around 4 to 5 minutes on medium charcoal heat.
- Served best alongside crispy Arabic bread.
Visit Al Nafoorah for more