About the Chef
Born and raised in Lebanon, a pivotal culinary center in the Middle East, Chef Joseph El Hajj had a knack for cooking at a very young age. With great initiative and eagerness, Chef Joseph explored a career not only in the Middle East but also in Europe. This gave him extensive knowledge of various cuisines the world has to offer. Chef Joseph can be labeled as a veteran of the GCC palette; having worked for many years in the UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, and Bahrain Chef Joseph catalyzed the conception and modernization of various concepts. With his award-winning background in gastronomy, Chef Joseph continues to push boundaries with the culinary experiences he provides for his guests. The Chef is continuously developing his knowledge in the industry and is adamant on providing guests with unparalleled culinary experiences
- 1 (80g) cup red quinoa
- ¾ (60g) cup Freekeh
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup (70g) Chickpeas
- 1 medium sized chopped heirloom tomato
- 4 medium sized chopped red radishes
- ½ cup of cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon cup pomegranate seeds
- 10 leaves of fresh mint
- 1 Teaspoon of finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoons of raisin
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of almond slices
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- 2 tablespoons of yoghurt
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ white onion
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of zaatar
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
Lemon olive oil dressing:
- 2 table spoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch teaspoon of salt
- To cook the quinoa and freekeh: Combine the rinsed quinoa and freekeh and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa and freekeh have absorbed all of the water, about 15 minutes, reducing heat as time goes on to maintain a gentle simmer. Once cooked, remove the lid, and let the quinoa and freekeh cool down.
- Drizzle butternut squash 1 teaspoon of olive oil and over roast for 18 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the chickpeas, heirloom tomato, and red radishes. Set aside
- Lemon olive oil dressing: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk until blended, then set aside.
- Tzatziki: In a small bowl, combine cucumber, yoghurt, onion, zaatar, salt, and cumin powder, then set aside.
- Once the quinoa and freekeh are cool, add them to the large serving bowl, and drizzle the dressing on top. Toss until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Add butternut squash, raisins, parsley, and gently toss the mixture.
- Plate the quinoa freekeh salad onto a salad bowl, top with tzatziki, and, pumpkin seeds, almond slices, sunflower seeds, and capers
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Visit Social House for more