Welcome to my world! My name is Naomi D’Souza. In a nutshell, I am based in UAE and am a digital content creator. By background, I’m an MSc Mechanical Engineer specializing in Energy. By career, I’m an Experience Strategy Manager at Publicis Sapient (former Digital Strategist at IBM) and by passion, I run this blog!
Below are some of my achievements I am really proud of
- 2017, 2018, and 2019 Hot100 Most Influential Influencers in UAE by Ahlan Magazine
- 2018 and 2019 Hot 100 Most Influential Asians in UAE by Masala Magazine
- 2018 Top 50 Asian Gamechangers in UAE by Masala Magazine
- Brand Ambassador for ClassPass MEA and former Brand Ambassador for Fairmont the Palm
- Tastemaker at my favorite SugarMoo Desserts
- I have a fan following of 86,000+ on Instagram
- My website has hit 1M+ and is viewed globally across 10,000+ cities (Top 10 in order: UAE, USA, India, UK, Canada, Australia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and Germany)
- In 2017, I was balancing my Masters in Mechanical Engineering Master’s degree in Energy while working at IBM, managing this blog, handling campaigns, and curating my Instagram. I graduated in 2018
- I’ve done 3 TEDx Talks in 2018 and 2019 combined
- I’ve appeared and written for multiple publications, participated in podcasts, and spoken at several platforms. Click here for more
View this post on Instagram
all good things come in 3's // 3 @ted @tedx_official talks in 1 year ♥️ // i could never tell myself 'I am Proud of You' until today. thank you thank you thank you – to whoevers been with me in this rocky journey, to all my #bestfriends who've come to watch me, to my best friends who've #supported me virtually, to my #socialmedia family, and, to all the people who i've had to prove wrong. i am who i am because of all of you! ♥️ 2017 to 2019 has been the most eye-opening years of my life. ive met the #best and worst, and been through the happy and sad too. ive never #worked this hard. ever. its also strange that i consistenly keep working towards a goal im not sure even exists. i balance 2 lives which gives me #anxiety & so much more. the politics, knowledge, learning, and lessons are endless. today, im #proud though. idk what more to say, for now i'll leave it to this ☺️ xoxo
I’ve split my detailed journey into 2 parts due to popular demand, feel free to navigate 😉
- How I got into the STEM field (& transitioned from Engineering to Technology)
- How I manage my time – my full-time job, passion, and personal life
15 fun facts about me
- 🎂 My Birthday is on 26 October 1993
- 💗 I love the color PINK!
- 🏐 Back in school, I represented my school Volley Ball team as team captain
- 🍌 I cannot stand bananas. I haven’t consumed one for 20 years
- 🥋 I have a Black Belt in Karate/Martial Arts
- 🎹 Successfully completed Grade 4 Keyboard ‘Trinity Examination’ at Trinity College, London. I even used to play the Piano
- 🎤 I love singing. I have won several competitions in school! That being said, I’ve always wanted to launch a cover song since I was a kid (maybe 2006?) I have been procrastinating the past 2 years. Maybe I shall soon
- 👠 I surprisingly modeled ((once)) that showcased the collection of Heriot-Watt Fashion Students!
- 👩🏼🍳 I don’t cook, however, I LOVE TO EAT. I have a very strong palette and just don’t forget my food.
- 🌍 I love traveling but work has taken over my life. I wish to travel some more some day. So far, I have traveled to USA, UK, France, Maldives, Italy, Jordan, Egypt, Kuwait, Kenya, Oman, Thailand, and India.
🇮🇳 I am from Mangalore, India but moved to Dubai, UAE when I was 2. It’s been 24 years since I’ve been here and I now call it home
🍛 Apart from chocolate, I love rajma (kidney beans) and CHAAT, a LOT! If I had to choose between the 3, I may choose chaat!
🐶 I have a baby named Rizo and he is the Love of my Life (@RizzoTheYorkie) ❤
⭐️ I hit a personal record on 28th April 2016 where my website was accessed by 26 countries and 94 cities!
- 👫 My favorite love story is the story of my parents. They dated for 8 years before they got married! They’ve now been together for 35+ years. You know what’s cooler? My moms best friends married her brother, and my mom married her brothers best friend. Cray right? Hahahaha!
👥 I am where I am today because of ALL OF YOU! I love giving back the love I get thus have created an #EatWithN series, where every few months I launch a post/competition and you can stand a chance to dine with me! Read all about it here and if you want to get a feel of my tours or read about it, click here.
That’s all about me! Feel free to use the ‘Contact Section’ for any other questions, queries or collaboration requests 🙂
PS: I would like to add that individual taste/palettes are different and I respect that. My opinion is always my personal experience, what appears tasty to me may not to you, and vice versa. I do wish what I share is of help to all of you.