Who knew the sun, stars, and planetary placements could determine how your diet should be? 😯 When it comes to eating, each zodiac sign is unique. We all have different personalities around food. Being a grab-and-go sort of gal or a gourmand at heart might just have more to do with the astrological house you were born in than the actual one in which you were raised. 🌑
From perfect relationships to career advice and health, you may or may not be a strong believer of zodiac signs, but I’m sure you’re a curious cookie from time to time. 🤓 As weird as it may be, there actually is a thing like eating as per your astrological sign, and while metaphysical meal preps aren’t intended to address gut-health issues, it can help bring more harmony into your diet.
The 12 zodiac signs are split into these 4 elements: fire 🔥, water 🌊, air 🌬, and earth 🌍. There is actually a correspondence between the 12 signs and the 12 essential vital minerals of Schussler. Based on that, you will find out what you should eat and what you could avoid. I have researched quite a bit on this topic, below is a compilation. 🤗
Fire Signs: Don’t Burn Yourself Out
As a fire sign, you probably like hot and spicy foods 🔥 —which is great, provided you listen to your body and don’t overdo it. Your body has cycles, and it will take to the hot foods on some days better than others. Don’t push yourself—and don’t eat too fast! Aries are spontaneous and like to be busy, and you may overlook your nutrition or bolt down your food in a hurry, which will only lead to indigestion. 🤕 Staying active usually isn’t a problem for you, but you do get bored easily, so vary both your diet and your activities. Use alcohol sparingly; it’s not always agreeable with your fiery nature.
- Eat: Brown rice, bananas, fruit juices, olives, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cauliflower, cucumbers, spinach, radishes, broccoli, beans, lentils, pumpkin, walnuts, figs, dried apricots, garlic, and mustard
- Avoid: Spicy food, salt, and alcohol
You’ve got an opulent eye, and you want your food to be rich and decadent, too. 🤤 You rarely like to dine alone, preferring your companions to be as appealing as your meal. You’re usually pretty good about getting the right nutrition because you have good self-esteem and want to take care of yourself. You might not excel at or even enjoy cooking, but you do appreciate the time and attention that someone else has put into a tasty dish. 😍 Keep your vitamin intake balanced; your stomach is pretty resilient, but your big lion’s heart needs nutrition, too!
- Eat: Whole grains, rice, citrus fruits, apples, peaches, root vegetables (e.g., potatoes, carrots, and radishes), spinach, broccoli, bitter greens (e.g., kale and mustard greens), nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, and figs
- Avoid: Spicy food, and dairy products
You’re ruled by Jupiter, the planet of expansion, and you’ll have to watch your waistline—and this goes for all of you who have Jupiter in your first house or conjunct your Ascendant, too! 😓 You’re adventurous with your food, and you enjoy trying dishes from other regions and cultures. Try to avoid overeating; it will go to your hips, and then in true Sagittarius style, you’ll probably try to crash diet it off. Stay active 🤸♀️😂 to avoid obesity, and eat a balanced diet to ensure you don’t fall prey to any digestive disorders.
- Eat: Whole grains, whole-grain cereals, pears, apples, oranges, strawberries, root vegetables (e.g., potatoes, carrots, and radishes), onions, olives, figs, and garlic
- Avoid: Spicy food, sweets, refined sugar, and alcohol
Want to learn more on The Fire Element Diet? Click here.
Air Signs: Go Nuts
You live on your nerves, and when you repress your emotions, your stomach will let you know! 😂 It’s easy for you to ‘grab and go’ when it comes to eating, but you really need to take time to focus on your diet and sit and eat your meals in a relaxed environment. 💆 Digestive issues like flatulence or heartburn come your way fairly easily. Probiotics will help, but taking time to eat a healthy, balanced diet and giving your body time to correctly assimilate your food will go a long way to keeping your system functioning optimally. 👍
- Eat: Plums, oranges, grapefruit, grape juice, raisins, apples, lettuce, cauliflower, spinach, carrots, celery, green beans, tomatoes, vegan yogurt, almonds, cayenne, garlic, and ginger
- Avoid: Coffee, root vegetables (e.g. potatoes and radishes), yeasty foods, and refined sugar
- Eat: Whole grains, oats, apples, grapes, strawberries, raisins, steamed vegetables, spinach, tomatoes, peas, carrots, corn, nondairy cheeses, vegan yogurt, nuts, and almonds
- Avoid: Alcohol, carbonated beverages, yeasty foods, and refined sugar
You don’t have much of an issue when it comes to eating healthily—in fact, you might even be on the cutting edge of nutritional fads and patterns. 😎 You willingly share both your knowledge and your food with others. Sometimes when you’re immersed in what you’re doing you will succumb to eating whatever junk food is offered to you, and this needs to be monitored if you’re going to stay healthy. 😯 You’re also prone to skipping breakfast when you’re busy, and this should be avoided. Grab something in the morning, and kiss the late night snacking goodbye.
- Eat: Apples, oranges, pears, steamed vegetables, cabbage, celery, corn, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, soy yogurt, nuts, dates, figs, cayenne, garlic, ginger, and protein bars
- Avoid: Coffee, yeasty foods, and refined sugar
Want to learn more on The Air Element Diet? Click here.
Water Signs: Avoid the Oil
You’re known for the way you nurture people, and you do like to make sure they’re fed properly! 🤗 You may even be a great cook, because that’s one way to really fuss over someone and ensure that they’re cared for. In your zest to mother others, you sometimes forget to look after your own needs, leading to poor nutrition and a lack of energy and vitality. 🙁 Sometimes you eat too much too, turning to food as an emotional comfort when other people let you down. Try to learn to control your appetite when you’re stressed, disappointed, or afraid. You’ll feel better in the long run. 😃
- Eat: Wheat, whole-grain rye, rice, oats, fruits, bananas, steamed vegetables, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes, beets, pumpkins, cucumbers, seaweed, vegan yogurt, beans, and natural sugars
- Avoid: Oily foods, salt, sweets, and refined sugar
You approach life with an all-or-nothing mindset, and your dietary needs are not exempt! You’re either ravenous or disinterested in your food. 🙅 Scorpios really get into the sensuous, satisfying experience of eating. This sign craves intensity and is drawn to dishes that exhibit pure, strong flavors and aromas. Like most things in life, they eat what they want, when they want it. You like unusual food combinations and break the rules when it comes to cooking. 🤪 Of all the signs of the zodiac, you’re the one who finds it the easiest to balance any overindulging by watching your food intake for a few days after.
- Eat: Fruits, bananas, black cherries, coconut, steamed vegetables, green salads, leeks, cauliflower, onions, radishes, tomatoes, asparagus, cucumbers, beets, beans, lentils, and almonds
- Avoid: Oily foods, yeasty foods, salt, sweets, and refined sugar
You truly love everything about food—the way it tastes, the way it feels in your mouth, the way it smells as you’re preparing it, and you really appreciate a nicely presented plate. 🤩 You’re a romantic at heart, and want to create a fairy-tale setting around a meal when you share it with loved ones—from a picnic with your family, to a candlelit dinner for two. Your main obstacle is to accept that not every occasion is going to be a Hallmark production, and not to get too disappointed when things don’t go as planned. 🙁 As a water sign you need to stay hydrated, so drink plenty of water and avoid excess alcohol.
- Eat: Wheat, whole-grain cereals, rice, oats, fruits, apples, grapes, oranges, lemons, peaches, plums, steamed vegetables, spinach, onions, seaweed, beans, dates, and natural sugars
- Avoid: Coffee, oily foods, yeasty foods, asparagus, salt, sweets, and refined sugar
Want to learn more on The Water Element Diet? Click here.
Earth Signs: Keep Things Light
You’re truly epicurean, and you love the sensual pleasure that good food and fine beverages provide you. This is all well and good, but you do have a tendency to overindulge! 😋 Add to that, you’re usually not one of the more active signs of the zodiac, so any calorie excess is likely to go straight to your hips if you don’t exercise it off! You also have a tendency to comfort eat, and like most of us, go straight for the carbs! Try to replace the processed foods with fruit, and make sure you walk out your frustrations to keep your waistline trim. 👌
- Eat: Cranberries, asparagus, beets, cauliflower, cucumbers, spinach, onions, radishes, pumpkin, nuts, beans, and horseradish
- Avoid: Rich and heavy foods, and excessive amounts of carbohydrates
It’s best for your sensitive stomach to eat little and often, but care must be taken that the day doesn’t turn into one long episode of grazing! 😂 You’re fastidious about your health, and that often spills over into your dietary requirements, too. You hate to throw food away and are a dab hand at using leftovers to create an excellent meal. When you’re throwing something together, ensure that all of the ingredients are top notch, particularly when it comes to the veggies. 🍅🥕 You may have a slightly slower than usual metabolism, and need to eat a lot of salads and veggies to keep the pounds away from your posterior!
- Eat: Whole grains and cereals, oats, fruit salads, fruit juices, lemon juice, bananas, oranges, leafy greens, vegetables with spices, sprouts, soups, teas, and almonds
- Avoid: Rich and heavy foods, and chocolate
No matter what you’re doing, your earthy element will always ensure that you find time to enjoy your food! You seek out traditional dishes, and probably have Grandma’s recipe book tucked safely away somewhere. 📕 You don’t like to be hurried, and you want the mood around your meal to be relaxed and nurturing. You’ll indulge in fast food, but prefer something that’s home cooked. Watch your salt levels. Find other ways to season your foods—traditional herbs and seasonings, perhaps—so that you’re not overloading your body with sodium. 🌱
- Eat: Rice, fruit salads, fruit juices, oranges, lemons, vegetables with spices, cabbage, corn, potatoes, sprouts, soups, teas, peanuts, figs, and flaxseeds
- Avoid: Rich and heavy foods, spicy foods, and chocolate
Want to learn more on The Earth Element Diet? Click here.